Grandma Poems


I just want to let you know
You mean the world to me
Only a heart as dear as yours
Would give so unselfishly

The many things you've done
All the times you were there
Help me know deep down inside
How much you really care

Even though I might not say
I appreciate all you do
Richly blessed is how I feel
Having a grandmother just like you

***

Granny

Her smile can light up a room
Her presence is of grace
Her opinions are heard without one word
but by the look upon her face
Her touch is so gentle
Her heart as big as the moon
Her spirit is kindhearted
and warm as a summer’s afternoon
Her hair a river of gray
Her eyes radiant as the sun
Her time she’ll take no matter how long
until the work is done
Her kisses are so soft
Her hugs preferred from the rest
My granny is mine forever and ever
and she’ll always be the best
~demecia Dean

***

It is remarkable how, overnight, a quiet mature lady can learn to sit cross-legged on the floor and play a tin drum, quack like a duck, sing all the verses of The Twelve Days Of Christmas, make paper flowers, draw pigs, and sew on the ears of severely-injured teddy bears.
 

http://poemscards.blogspot.com