Funeral Poems, Verses, free to use


Goodbye My Friend

Though we never know
Where life will take us,
I know it's just a ride
On the wheel.
And we never know
When death will shake us
And we wonder how
It will feel.

So Goodbye my friend.
I know I'll never see you again.
But the time together
Through all the years,
Will take away these tears.
It's OK now - Goodbye my friend.

I see a lot of things
That make me crazy,
And I guess I held on to you,
You could have run away
And left - well maybe,
But it wasn't time
And we both knew.

So Goodbye My friend.
I know I'll never see you again.
But the love you gave me
Through all the years
Will take away these tears.
I'm OK now - Goodbye my friend.

~Anon

***

Life is but a Stopping Place
Life is but a stopping place,
A pause in what's to be,
A resting place along the road,
to sweet eternity.
We all have different journeys,
Different paths along the way,
We all were meant to learn some things,
but never meant to stay...
Our destination is a place,
Far greater than we know.
For some the journey's quicker,
For some the journey's slow.
And when the journey finally ends,
We'll claim a great reward,
And find an everlasting peace,
Together with the lord
~unknown

Funeral Poems
 

http://poemscards.blogspot.com